Sunday, April 24, 2011

Final GAME PLAN Reflection:


 
The reflection process is a very important step in any type of improvement circumstances and reflecting on the last eight weeks, throughout these GAME days, is no different.  As I embarked on creating my GAME plan, eight weeks ago, I remembered being a little fuzzy trying to envision the end result, but I persevered week by week.   Soon, I was able to see the whole picture and enjoyed working towards my goals.

There have been some very helpful aspects of my GAME plan that I had developed through this course and have already begun incorporating into my daily teachings. My first Goal of “Model Digital-Age Work and Learning” involved me being able to demonstrate fluency in technologies both current and rising, while sharing my information to support students’ learning.  Because I continued to reach above and beyond my comfort zone when using technology, I have learned so many new things over this past 8 weeks that I would have never predicted.  Due to my hard work and using all types/kinds of technology, I was recently asked to assist my school’s technology teacher during a computer session for my entire faculty.  Also, I have made progress in incorporating this goal with my students.  The next few weeks I have two- technology integrated projects planned that I am working on with my students.  Having never done anything like this before, I am very excited and eager for both my students and myself.  No matter what the end results may be, my students and I will be more enriched and experienced.

The second Goal I worked on was conveying relevant information through various digital venues in an effective manner to student, parent, and colleagues.  At first, I thought this goal was going to be achieved within a quicker timeframe, but in fact, the opposite could not be truer.  When trying to start a group account for my colleagues to share information and resources, I came across a professional barrier.  This is an adjustment that I will have to sort through in order to be able to bring this goal to fruition.  By the end of this summer, I plan to have the group account for my colleagues operating and the said address distributed, and additionally, I plan to have my class website, new and improved and ready for action as soon as school starts.

I am very grateful for the privilege of being exposed to such useful and practical ideas that I can incorporate into my classroom.  This course has provided me with a sound foundation in which to build and grow upon for the unknowns of tomorrow.  I am a better teacher because of this course today, tomorrow, and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment